The Ultimate Business University (UBU) is a program designed to intervene and reclaim young people from lives of crime by providing an educational system which transcend conventional methods and cultivate at risk youth to discover their true genius.
This program solves the challenges which exposed these children to a less than appropriate world. It could be a family problem, a drug habit, alcohol abuse or illiteracy. These children may need counseling, tutoring, job training, or rehab. Our full time three-year program will guide them to learn they have better choices available than they have been exposed to so far.
Our Missions is:
· Intervene and reclaim young people from lives of crime
· Provide an overloaded court system with a reliable alternative to incarceration for youth
· Create a safe environment for these children
· Provide education systems that will transcend conventional methods and help these at risk youth discover their true genius
Program length: Three year high school period (10th-12th grades)
Case management: Participants are interviewed and assessed
Participant tracking: Lifetime after completion of program
Objective: Foster core values of respect, responsibility, ethics/integrity, positive life skills, personal success and recidivism prevention.
Results: Although the results will vary on each child, the minimum expectation includes:
· Improved behavior choices
· Academic improvement
· Increased self worth
· Enhanced self confidence
· Positive decision making skills
· Drug and alcohol abuse resistance
· Foster civic responsibility
· Prevent recidivism
The educational programs at UBU are designed through multi media. Each required course is designed to provide participants with the most aggressive methods of learning, retention, problem solving techniques and creativity.
Extracurricular courses will be taught by experts from each field and will include, but not be limited to: agricultural (organic) and horticultural studies, construction, engineering, mechanics, alternative energy development, performing arts, fine arts, home economics, multi media, and film production.
Additionally, students will have unlimited access to:
· Tutoring (receive and give)
· Mentorship (receive and give)
· Talent assessment (fostered through exposure and participation in events)
· Academia advancement (including college prep, visits & college student interaction; trade schools programs and grant writing for scholarships)
· Career mixers: round table dialogue between various career professionals and program participants
· Conflict resolution: internal & external; anger management
· Financial education: basic banking, budgeting, entrepreneurship; investing, credit awareness
· Community Service: Participate in outreach to homeless, soup kitchens, shelters, etc.